Homoeopathy in Gastric Disorders
Homoeopathy in Gastric Disorders
Dr Sakshi Seth - BHMS, GGSIP University (BHMC)
In this modern era, there is marked high rates of problems related to our lifestyle. Modern lifestyle and wrong dietary habits leads to many stomach disorders like gastritis (most common), GERD, gastric ulcer, retrosternal burning, obstinate constipation, loss of appetite or increased appetite etc. Homoeopathy has very good role in all these problems. Now lets see how can we help patient with such type of disorders.
Role of Homoeopathy
Most important is “Causa occasionalis” ie remove the cause, it will remove the disease. Because only with giving medicines, we cant attain permanent cure, if the cause is not removed. Correction in diet & lifestyle should be done along with homoeopathic medicines. Few medicines which helps - Nux Vomica, Pulsatilla, Carbo Vegetablis, Arsenic Album or Asafoetida and many more.
Patient who needs Nux Vomica will express symptoms like frequent urge for stools, along with heat burn or stomach pain, also strong liking for junk food and stimulants like tea, coffee or alcohol. Angry at little things.
But along with medicines we have to explain him about the correct diet and regimen which includes change in his eating habits, to have light food, avoid junk, stop alcohol and other stimulants. Start with regular walk and exercise.
Patient who needs pulsatilla will express symptoms like bitter taste in the mouth with great flatulence. Eructation with taste of food remains for a long time.
No stools are same. Almost 2..3 normal stools daily. Aggravations after rich fatty food, from heat, warm room. Better in open air.
Likes to gain sympathy, desires company, highly emotional. Advice to avoid junk like cake pastries, deep oily fried and stop any supplements or multivitamins which were being taken from a long time.
Patient who have never fully recovered from the effects of some previous illness. Lowered vital power from loss of fluids or after drugging or other diseases. Expresses symptoms of sever eructations, heaviness fullness in stomach. Slow digestion, food putrefies before it digests. Contractive pains extending to chest, with distention of abdomen.
Patient with great restlessness. Fear, fright and worry. Great exhaustion after slight exertion. Burning pain. Great thirst; drinks much, but little at a time. dyspepsia from vinegar, acids ice cream, tobacco. Ill effects of a vegetable diet, melons and waterly fruits generally.
Remedy for flatulence and regurgitation of liquids. Pulsations in the pit of stomach. Sensation as if the peristaltic motion was reversed and the oesophagus was being driven from the stomach to the throat. Hysterical flatulence.
Clinical Tips & My Experiences
• Properly wash lemon, and take its 1/4th part, soak it in half glass plain water, add few leaves of coriander or mint leaves. Keep it for 30-40 minutes. Then drink it. Should be taken 4-5 days a week.
• Soak small cardamon (elaichi) 1.2 pieces only in half glass water. Keep it for 30 minutes. Then drink it. Should be taken 4-5 days a week. Preferably after meals, specially when patient has discomfort of bloatedness in stomach, with weak digestion. Gap should be there with any homoeopathic medicine.
• Avoid heavy oily food at night.
• Try to take curd daily once a day or more. Plain curd should be taken, avoid sugar or salt. Some people can take buttermilk which is more lighter.
• Take plenty of water avoid spices and less intake of onion and garlic.
• Vitamin C rich fruits in balanced quantity is good for stomach disorders like acid reflux or gas etc.